HW420-01
Unit 4 Blog
1.
Describe your experience. (Did you find it beneficial? Difficult?) Why or Why
not? Would you recommend this to others? Why or Why not?
I
enjoyed the exercise but I have to admit I found it really hard to focus for 20
minutes. With two teenagers in the house and their friends that are over so
often that at times it seems like they live with us I normally can barely
squeeze in my normal meditation routine. Compound that with the fact that I
held a 3 day football camp for the incoming freshman I just could not find an
additional 20 minutes of quiet time. I intend on saving the audio file from doc
sharing so that I can try the exercise when distractions are at a minimum. I
would definitely recommend it to other people because I strongly believe in
meditation and also believe that the exercise can be very beneficial.
2.
What is the concept of “Mental Workout”? What does the research indicate are
the proven benefits of a Mental Work Out? How can you implement mental workouts
to foster your psychological health?
A
"mental workout" is training the mind to work towards achieving a
higher sense of awareness and control over the thoughts, emotions, and impulses
that is a part of everyday life. Research has revealed that those who practice
mental fitness have greater organization and a heightened awareness. Just like
a physical workout it is hard at first and easy to give up. The key is to keep
plugging away even when it is hard and it will become much easier and eventually
a lifestyle change.
No comments:
Post a Comment