Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Unit 8 Blog Post


I found all of the exercises beneficial, bit my favorite exercises are the subtle mind practice and the Loving-kindness practice. 

Through the subtle mind practice I have learned to regulate my breathing and relax my mind. I am endeavoring to make it a habit to take deep breaths when I feel stressed, anxious, and consumed by the difficulties of life. The subtle mind practice quickly brings calm to my mind, and body.

The Loving-kindness practice helps to remind me to spread love and good will towards my fellow man. I believe that the Loving-kindness practice has helped my growth spiritually.

I will use both practices as well as other practices we have learned that I find beneficial in my personal life to foster "mental fitness". The subtle mind exercise makes use of breathing to calm the body and relax the mind. Essentially the subtle mind practice trains the brain to regulate emotions and how the body responds to them.

I will also continue to do the Loving-kindness practice each day thinking about loved ones, those who did not show kindness to me that day, and those who may have wronged me in the past forgiving them of their past transgressions. 

1 comment:

  1. Peter,
    I also liked the Loving Kindness exercise because it makes you think of others and try and help them relieve their pain. I find that when you take time to think of others your own problems don't seem that intense once you bring your mind back to them. Spreading love and happiness to others who are in pain always brightens up your day even to those who aren't showing it to you. Keep up the exercises and I believe we'll all be better for it.

    ReplyDelete